Monday, September 22

So... for the last 5 weeks, I have been the lone woman living in a house with 7 men. I use the term 'men' loosely, even though 6 of them technically are!

Now don't get me wrong. I'm very use to being the only female in the house because really, that's all I've ever really known. I grew up with 4 brothers and I'm raising 5 boys (and an extra one this year) so... I get it. I get that boys are different than girls.

But seriously. Is it still funny - after at least the 27,000th time - when someone farts or burps?? They look at me and say "You wanna laugh Mom... come on... just laugh!" Really guys, it's just not funny anymore. Is a boy incapable of hanging up a towel (on one of 10 hooks in the bathroom) after he showers and possibly even use it more than once?? (please note that there are approximately 56 showers going on during any given week!) Do they really need a new glass EVERY time they get a drink, which is at least 5 times a day (x that by 6 boys!). Is towel slapping really that fun?? I mean... when it leaves a welt, doesn't that hurt? Can I dry my hands from doing the dinner dishes before you tell me you're starving and need something to eat, RighT NoW?? Can you possibly cram ANY more into the laundry basket in your bathroom?! I know why you do it guys... because no one wants to bring it down to the laundry room! Sheesh! Are you attached somehow to the empty shampoo bottles in the shower? Just wonderin'.... And how do you know SO many facts about the NFL and NBA players? It is impressive but what about turning that homework in that was due last week?! How do boys remember jokes?? It's got to be a guy thing because I can't remember a joke - the whole joke - an hour after I hear it!

I feel like I walk around the house some days, just shaking my head in wonderment and fascination at these creatures I live with!

After all is said and done though... I wouldn't change what I have for anything! These guys make me laugh, out loud, literally, every day. They amaze me with their political and business minds (something I, as a female, lack). I LOVE it when their friends come over because we all just hang out. They are so easy and comfortable to be with. I absolutely love how we seem to communicate through movie lines. It works! And it is wonderful how just putting some food in their belly, turns that frown into a smile.

Believe it or not, I get comments, often, from friends and strangers, about my situation. It's about half and half - they either feel sorry for me or think I'm the luckiest girl in town. I'm just here to tell you that I'm the luckiest girl in town!

3 comments:

Corey Rust said...

Hey it's Corey.

I got nothin'.

Kirstin said...

TAG! YOUR IT!!!!

Kirstin said...

Okay, I was slightly wrong. You did have a post in July, but nothing before since June. It's OKay, I lOVe you anyway!