Friday, November 24

We sure have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? And by 'we', I mean all of us.
I hope everyone had a delicious day yesterday - we spent the afternoon with Craig's family. It's always a great meal and Grandma Red always sends us home with some interesting leftovers.
If you've ever had Craig's rolls, leftovers are hard to come by. Grandma saved 7 for us (1 for each) and 5 were gone before we got home! She also sent 1/2 of an applie pie, some carrots and a bunch of kiwi from their garden. They picked 345 kiwi this season!!! We also got 2 jars of homemade grape juice...yes, from their garden. The Rust garden is a sight of beauty, especially when we get to reap what they sow! All summer we were supplied with fresh green beans and zuchini too. Definitely something to be thankful for!
No early morning crazy shopping for us. Craig usually goes just to look around (he's nuts) and I've gone once, about 12 years ago. I hated it.
Today is the big 'Civil War' football game between the Oregon State Beavers and the Oregon Ducks. We have a divided family so it's always a bit tense! Craig made bbq chicken wings - full tummys help any situation.
I finished re-painting my red wall the other day. It's been 9 years and I didn't realize how much it had dulled. It's bright and cheery now and ready for Christmas.
We'll go cut our Christmas tree down next Saturday and I'm getting all the stuff out tomorrow. I have two church events at my house this season so it gives me an excuse to get it all ready early!
Go Ducks!
Go Beavs! (i'm the mom so i have to be neutral)

No comments: